
Last Friday, VCF Mestalla and VCF Juvenil A played a friendly game against one another. The coach of the latter side, club legend Miguel Ángel Angulo, was pleased to see the progress of some of the players who have moved up to the second team, and the following day got to see the likes of Pedro Alemañ and Hugo González get their first unofficial minutes with the senior side.
"What the club want to do is bring young players through, moving those with the most talent up the ranks," he told VCF Media.
"We're in this process of improving, and we still want to see some of the things that we are working on. The mentality will be appropriate to players with potential for the future. We're seeing players in the first team who are still at Juvenil level. A large amount of players from our squad last year are undertaking preseason with VCF Mestalla."
As for the atypical circumstances for the Juvenil sides this season, Angulo says that "despite the fact that the players have been working at home and online, it's been many months without group training. We've taken things very slowly. We've been working on very specific things, separating the players and putting them into groups. We've been taking things gradually. It's uncertain when the league is going to start -in theory it will be in October-, so before then we want to take things very slowly, after six months of inactivity."
"We've been inactive for a long time. We're still lacking a lot of pace. We're in preseason and the idea is to take on a lot of tactics and skills. We're in preseason, but I'm very happy with the work that they are doing."
Latest news Ver todas
Latest news Ver todas
DIAKHABY: "IT'S AN INCREDIBLE STORY"
The defender looks back on a fairytale result against Real Madrid
Corberán: “It was a triumph built on effort, resilience and faith”
The Valencia CF coach analyses the win against Real Madrid
match report: late duro goal earns 1-2 win over real madrid
Valencia CF snatch the win in the 95th minute on Matchday 30